Breeding white Halfmoon. Help identify

Go down

Breeding white Halfmoon. Help identify

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 am

hey guys i need some help. So i never really paid attention to Opaque white bettas and Platinum white bettas. I always just thought it was White. But now after few days of research, im still a little confused. Its my first time ordering so i dont know for sure how accurate the sellers are but i did email both sellers and they both did state that the pictures were the actual bettas in the auction from aquabid. Well here are the pictures. Help me out and tell me what you think?

The title on the male HM just said WHITE HM MALE. And the title on the female said the same too. I just really what a batch majority of some NICE quality white HM. As far as my research went, i think the female is opaque. But im unsure of the male. Please let me know. Thanks!

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Breeding white Halfmoon. Help identify

Post by [MODERATOR]SD_Bettas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

is the male scales dragon scales or just all regular white scales? the female is hard to tell in that picture she dont look white at all.
[MODERATOR]SD_Bettas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am

that male doesnt look anything like dragon scales to me in the picture. and the female, what color would u assume it is if not white. well in this case i guess imma have to talk to the seller and try to get me a different fish. perhaps a color one and then order a platinum female cause i dont wanna waste time breeding something i wouldnt want.

so i found this on aquabid... platinum or not platinum? the title says platinum...

Last edited by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Longest on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 am

The coloration on the fist female shown doesn't look opaque. its more cellophane. the second female you show is more opaque then the first. she would be the better bet to go with. but in the end its up to you to choose.

Last edited by Longest on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Longest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [MODERATOR]SD_Bettas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm

no the 2nd female is a white dragon HMPK female. nearly full masked
[MODERATOR]SD_Bettas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Longest on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 pm

yeah i guess you could categorize it as a dragon scale but the weird thing is that some categorize that as opaque also. the actual color of opaque itself is solid. unless I'm wrong. maybe you could educate both of us on this. Because from what i understand dragon scales have a metallic like shine to them.
Longest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm

lol im back to confused now... Can you guys show me example pictures of Opaque White, Platinum White, and just basic plain white. I mean, define them as well along with some pictures or something...

I didnt really know what dragon scale mean but after researching it, i got more understand of it now. I guess you can say that the Male HM does look like it has dragon scales.
And about the second female, how sure are you that it is a HMPK? how do identify the difference between a regular HM and a HMPK? btw the auction stated Platinum HM listed under HM category. The seller is selling some white platinum HM as well. But i dont want it if it is really a HMPK. So tell me what you think? To buy or not to buy

didn't know bettas could be so complicated... At the same time very interesting! lol

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafy Greens on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm

opaque is like white printing paper, platinum is like white photo paper and cellophane is like a condom.

lol!

hm and hmpk differ from the length of the fins. my avatar is a hmpk
Leafy Greens
Admin

View user profile http://cabettafanatics.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [MODERATOR]SD_Bettas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Chinz wrote:lol im back to confused now... Can you guys show me example pictures of Opaque White, Platinum White, and just basic plain white. I mean, define them as well along with some pictures or something...

I didnt really know what dragon scale mean but after researching it, i got more understand of it now. I guess you can say that the Male HM does look like it has dragon scales.
And about the second female, how sure are you that it is a HMPK? how do identify the difference between a regular HM and a HMPK? btw the auction stated Platinum HM listed under HM category. The seller is selling some white platinum HM as well. But i dont want it if it is really a HMPK. So tell me what you think? To buy or not to buy

didn't know bettas could be so complicated... At the same time very interesting! lol

Opaque only states that it is almost 100% white,
Dragon scales = another coating of the body scales, you can see it as sometime in some area it shows the regular scales and the dragon portion. but platinum is basically FULLY WHITE DRAGON SCALES about 95%+ grade fully masked and etc.
[MODERATOR]SD_Bettas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by [MODERATOR]SD_Bettas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:54 pm

that 2nd female can be a HM or HMPK , it wouldnt matter much tho, they are all cross breeding to get to the quality they are at now. So Chinz how much are you paying for each betta + shipping?
[MODERATOR]SD_Bettas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

MTTFOB wrote:opaque is like white printing paper, platinum is like white photo paper and cellophane is like a condom.

lol!

hm and hmpk differ from the length of the fins. my avatar is a hmpk

Ok, but if that is the case then what color is the first female if it is not opaque white or platinum white? I believe it definitely not a cellophane. sd_bettas said, it doesnt look white then what color could it be? Now im starting to think its white with a strong iridescent layer... Now what would that be classified as? perhaps pastel? wow, so confusing...

btw the difference of a male HM plakat and a regular male halfmoon is very obvious but i was talking about the female hmpk and female hm. What got me confuse was that the second female was listed under Halfmoon but sd_bettas stated it was a dragon HMPK. I was wondering how he got that.

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 pm

SD_Bettas wrote:that 2nd female can be a HM or HMPK , it wouldnt matter much tho, they are all cross breeding to get to the quality they are at now. So Chinz how much are you paying for each betta + shipping?

Im paying the price of the betta sold on aquabid + the $5 shipping to the trans shipper. And then pick it up from the trans shipper's shop with a handling fee of $3/betta.

male HM = 30 + 5
1st female HM = 20 (in the process of working something out to change the betta) + 5
2nd female HM = 25 + 5

plus 3/betta for handling fee for pick up

total = $99

Last edited by Chinz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chinz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafy Greens on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 pm

its awesome to live in norcal where julie lives... damn i wish we had a socal transhipper... SD_Bettas you need to be the socal transhipper. LOL but thats a full time job right there.
Leafy Greens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafy Greens on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

regardless of the actual colors you will still have very nice white babies. i believe both have the correct genes to produce offspring that will be all white.
Leafy Greens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [MODERATOR]SD_Bettas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 pm

MTTFOB wrote:its awesome to live in norcal where julie lives... damn i wish we had a socal transhipper... SD_Bettas you need to be the socal transhipper. LOL but thats a full time job right there.
if i still live near julie, i be picking it up at her house like i use to do with my 130 bettas monthly stock i use to sale. LoL. now im paying hella a lot for shipping =*(
[MODERATOR]SD_Bettas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafy Greens on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm

that is pretty dope. but yeah pretty sad too...
Leafy Greens
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum